[ofa-general] vendstat issue with shark switch

Vincent Ficet jean-vincent.ficet at bull.net
Wed Dec 17 08:12:54 PST 2008

Hello Hal,

> This looks like a timeout error on the ClassPortInfo attribute in the
> vendor class Mellanox uses. So either that class is not implemented in
> the firmware or this (required) attribute is not implemented. Can you
> contact Mellanox about this ?
Ok, I will get in touch with them about this.

> Also, can you try the following experiment:
>
> rebuild vendstat with #if 0'ing out the following lines:
>
>         memset(&buf, 0, sizeof(buf));
>         /* vendor ClassPortInfo is required attribute if class supported */
>         call.attrid = CLASS_PORT_INFO;
>         if (!ib_vendor_call(&buf, &portid, &call))
>                 IBERROR("classportinfo query");

I got the following output (timeout) with the #If 0'ed version:

[root at inti0 src]# ./vendstat -dd -N 11
[ ... ]
010a 0181 000c 0000 0000 0031 3760 8692
0017 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000
01b3 01b3 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000
0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 ffff ffff
0007 0100 0000 2fb8 1008 2008 0000 0011
0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000
0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000
0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000
0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000
0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000
0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000
0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000
0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000
0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000
0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000
0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000
ibwarn: [18182] mad_rpc_rmpp: MAD completed with error status 0xc; dport
(Lid 11)
vendstat: iberror: [pid 18182] main: failed: vendstat

> I'm not sure whether this tool should support IS-IV or not. Currently,
> as the man page says, it's intended for IS-III only. It may be that
> the current firmware does not yet support this but will sometime in
> the future.
>
> -- Hal
Thanks for your help,

Vincent