[ofa-general] oops in cxgb3:t3_l2t_get

Roland Dreier rdreier at cisco.com
Wed Feb 6 21:37:55 PST 2008

 > I can give more info tomorrow, I just figured I'd send this out now in
 > case it's obvious what the problem is...

I guess it is sort obvious what the problem is... the oops is in
t3_l2t_get(), which looks like

	struct l2t_entry *t3_l2t_get(struct t3cdev *cdev, struct neighbour *neigh,
				     struct net_device *dev)

and a quick debugging print shows that in my case, this function is
being called with dev->name and neigh->dev->name equal to "lo," which
I guess is not that surprising considering I'm trying to make a
loopback connection to INADDR_LOOPBACK.  Given this, trying to look up
cxgb3-specific stuff like

	struct port_info *p = netdev_priv(dev);
	int smt_idx = p->port_id;

is probably not going to work out too well.

The fix is a little beyond my knowledge, though...

 - R.