[ofa-general] Re: [patch 2/6] mmu_notifier: Callbacks to invalidate address ranges

Christoph Lameter clameter at sgi.com
Fri Feb 29 13:29:22 PST 2008

On Fri, 29 Feb 2008, Andrea Arcangeli wrote:

> I don't have a strong opinion if it should become a semaphore
> unconditionally or only with a CONFIG_XPMEM=y. But keep in mind
> preempt-rt runs quite a bit slower, or we could rip spinlocks out of
> the kernel in the first place ;)

D you just skip comments of people on the mmu_notifier? It took me to
remind you about Andrew's comments to note those. And I just responded on
the XPmem issue in the morning.

Again for the gazillionth time: There will be no CONFIG_XPMEM because the
functionality needs to be generic and not XPMEM specific.