[ofa-general] synchronize commands issued to MTHCA

Roland Dreier rdreier at cisco.com
Wed Jan 2 10:12:03 PST 2008

 > Actually I'm working on porting IB driver to QNX platform.

I see.  My opinion is that in the long term, you're better off writing
a "native" QNX driver rather than trying to port a driver from another
OS, although I understand that sometimes short-term issues make doing
the right thing impossible.

 > However I still get a command exec error which I believe is relevant to
 > command synchronization. The problem is when "Created UDAV" is called
 > during SW2HW_MPT command is being executed, the SW2HW_MPT command would
 > return with bad parameter error. Here are my debug trace output:

No idea really.  Does the Linux mthca work on the same hardware?  If
so I guess you would have to figure out how the behavior of your
driver is different.  If you don't have Linux running on your platform
then you just need to debug the driver/hardware ... perhaps hardware
bus analysis would be helpful to understand what's happening.

 - R.