[ofa-general] [RFC] XRC -- make receiving XRC QP independent of any one user process

Tang, Changqing changquing.tang at hp.com
Thu Jan 3 07:49:17 PST 2008

Thanks for the comment.

Another issue I have after thinking about the interface more.

Rank A is the sender, rank B and C are two ranks on a remote node. At first, B creates the
receiving QP and make connection to A and register the QP number for receiving. And A gets
the receiving QP nubmer from B.  After some communication between A and B, B decides to close
the connection, and unregister the QP number. Then A and C want to talk, so A tell C the
receiving QP number, C tries to register the QP number.

I wonder at the time when C tries to register the QP number, the receiving QP has been
destroyed by the kernel, since when B unregister the QP number, the reference count becomes
zero, and kernel will cleanup it.

Am I right ?

--CQ