[ofa-general] RE: setting iWarp IRD and ORD

Sean Hefty sean.hefty at intel.com
Thu Jan 3 17:04:26 PST 2008

>What exactly are you fixing?

It may help to look at the patch for the librdmacm that I just posted.  The
problem that was seen was that uDAPL set IRD/ORD to 16 in the connection
request, but the passive side could only support 4.  The rdma_cm was supposed to
use the lower value (provided by the user when calling rdma_accept) when
transitioning the QP, but instead used the value from the request.

Since iWarp connect request doesn't carry the IRD/ORD and always uses the value
provided by the user through rdma_connect or rdma_accept, it doesn't sound like
it would hit this problem.  I just don't quite follow why
iwcm_init_qp_rts_attr() doesn't set the QP attribute mask for IRD/ORD, or how
the QP is programmed with these values.