[ofa-general] Multiple Apps attempting to register as report processors

Anton Bodner anton.bodner at qlogic.com
Wed Jan 9 07:16:15 PST 2008

Hello -

I am in process of writing applications using the OFED stack version
1.2.5.

In my application - I want to register as a SA class report processor,
and I have more than one instance of this application.

So that means I have two or more apps registering as SA class report
processors FOR THE SAME NODE / HCA PORT.  I get an error when I attempt
to do the second (and subsequent registrations).

It seems as though the OFED stack implementation allows for only 1
report processor per class per node. Is that correct?

Are there any plans to enhance the OFED stack to allow for multiple
report processor registrations for the same node?

I am trying to determine if I need to / should modify my application
design.

Thanks

Anton Bodner Jr.
QLogic Corporation