[ofa-general] opensm dumps core when using LASH for routing

Max Matveev makc at sgi.com
Sun Jan 13 03:25:48 PST 2008

>>>>> "sashak" == Sasha Khapyorsky writes:

 sashak> I suspect that the failure scenario is different. This switch
 sashak> was just connected/discovered by OpenSM (it has hops = 0x0
 sashak> yet - this indicates that it does not pass lid matrix
 sashak> generation stage yet) and it still be uninitialized by
 sashak> LASH. If it is really so checking ->priv for NULL looks like
 sashak> valid fix.

Should opensm ignore requests while it's initializing?

 sashak> Is this reproducible failure?

We've hit it twice - first time cores were disabled, so I only know
what opensm died in get_lash_id() but I don't know where it was called
from. And this is the second time.

It does not happen on each restart or fabric re-scan though.

max