[ofa-general] RE: new API for the rdma-cma

Sean Hefty sean.hefty at intel.com
Tue Jan 15 16:28:16 PST 2008

>I'm prototyping this now (as part of our OMPI/rdma-cm/iwarp work).

I'm not sure about what the interface should be, since there could be multiple
addresses (IPv4 and IPv6) on a port.  As a generality, my preference is to use
sockaddr where possible.

The only ideas I can come up with are APIs such as:

struct sockaddr **rdma_get_addr_list(struct ibv_context *verbs,
						uint8_t port_num);
void rdma_free_add_list(struct sockaddr **list);

or, treating this more like a verbs call:

int rdma_query_addr(struct ibv_context *verbs, uint8_t port_num,
		    int index, struct sockaddr *addr, int addr_len);