[ofa-general] Building libsdp.so

Bart Van Assche bart.vanassche at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 01:52:19 PST 2008

On Jan 22, 2008 6:38 PM, Vladimir Sokolovsky <vlad at dev.mellanox.co.il> wrote:

> Bart Van Assche wrote:
> > I'm probably overlooking something trivial, but can anyone tell me how
> > to build libsdp.so (Sockets Direct Protocol) from the OFED source
> > distribution (http://www.openfabrics.org/builds/ofed-1.2.5/release/OFED-1.2.5.4.tgz)
> > ?
>
> Check that all required packages are set to "y" (and libsdp=y) in the my_ofed.conf
> Then run
> ./install.sh -c my_ofed.conf

All InfiniBand tests I have performed until now have been performed
with the InfiniBand kernel modules from the mainstream Linux kernel.
Since the ib_sdp kernel module is not included in this tree, I have
copied the sdp source code to the 2.6.22.9 kernel source tree and have
it built from there. This resulted in a build error: ib_create_cq() is
called from sdp_cma.c with five arguments while
include/rdma/ib_verbs.h specifies that it has six arguments. After I
added a sixth argument (zero), the module compiled and works fine.

Can the ib_sdp kernel module please be sent upstream ?

Bart.