[ofa-general] Status of NFS-RDMA ?

James Lentini jlentini at netapp.com
Wed Jan 23 12:19:21 PST 2008

On Wed, 23 Jan 2008, Pawel Dziekonski wrote:

> hi,
>
> I'm deploying a new cluster with infiniband and I would like to use
> NFS-RDMA over IB. I'm asking about it here because it is hardly
> possible to find up to date info about NFS-RDMA. Page
> http://nfs-rdma.sourceforge.net/Documents/README points to Tom
> Tucker's linux kernel git tree but provided git link is dead.

The name of Tom's tree changed last Wednesday. I'll update the docs
with the new address.

The new URL is:

git://git.linux-nfs.org/projects/tomtucker/xprt-switch-2.6.git

> My hardware will be Mellanox HBAa and Flextronics switch. I already
> know that NFS-RDMA client is in official kernel. What about server?
> Should I use OFED 1.2 or try 1.3? Should I use infiniband drivers from
> kernel or OFED?

For now, you should get the NFS/RDMA server from Tom Tucker's git
tree.

We expect it to be merged with mainline linux in 2.6.25.

> I'm ready for a big challenge and lots of testing. This would result
> in feedback to OFED/NFS-RDMA development.

Great!