[ofa-general] help on /sys/class structure and rdma

Steve Wise swise at opengridcomputing.com
Thu Jan 24 13:42:37 PST 2008

Hey Roland,

I just found a bug in a drop I did for libcxgb3.  I changed the code to
read the adapter fw version sysfs file to attempt to check for
incompatible fw/lib cases.  I was reading this file in cxgb3_driver_init():

/sys/class/infiniband_verbs/uverbs0/device/infiniband:cxgb3_0/fw_ver

I'm using ibv_read_sysfs_file() and the uverbs_sys_path passed in, but
building the string to dive down into the device/infiniband:blah directory.

However this infiniband:cxgb3_0 link apparently is not present on a
rhel4u5 distro.  I assumed this stuff would always be consistent for
ofed installations.

Is that not true?

What is the preferred way for a lib to get to the device's sysfs files?

Thanks!

Steve.