[ofa-general] How to inspect routing?

Hal Rosenstock hrosenstock at xsigo.com
Thu Jan 24 13:33:21 PST 2008

On Thu, 2008-01-24 at 13:39 -0700, Chris Worley wrote:
> I'm working w/ a subnet manager that gets confused after a few hours/day.

Is it OpenSM or something other SM ?

> Is there any way to dump routing information from a node, and verify
> that the routes that will be used by a node don't lead to the proper
> destination?

I think there are several ways to go about this:

management has dump_lfts.sh (and dump_mfts.sh) to dump the forwarding
tables in the switches in the subnet. (They can also be loaded into
ibsim). There are also tools like ibtracert which will walk a path from
source to dest.

ibutils has ibdiagnet which I think analyzes this (I'm basing this on
some output I've seen). There's also ibdiagpath.