[ofa-general] Re: Dapl 2 question/issue

Tang, Changqing changquing.tang at hp.com
Tue Jan 29 11:39:20 PST 2008

> A runtime dlopen is different than being linked against a
> library, and yes in this case you would now have to
> dlopen(libdat2.so) and if that fails fall back to
> (libdat.so).  However, given that according to the
> dapl-1 to dapl-2 porting guide there are several structures
> that have changed their layout between dat-1 and dat-2, I
> would think that HP-MPI would have to jump through hoops
> (either by knowing about both layouts, or by knowing what
> structures to avoid because they change) in order to support
> working with either dat-1 or dat-2 at runtime.  If anything,
> that would make me think this is a good example of why they
> *should* be different library names.

If there is a way to seamlessl work on either version available on the system
without asking user for choice, I am OK to change the library name.

According what you said, we can dlopen(libdat2.so) first, then fallback to
dlopen(libdat.so).

But we have to claim that HP-MPI xxx version and older does not work with
uDAPL 2.0. Currently HP-MPI works seamlessly on uDAPL 1.1 or uDAPL 1.2 system.

--CQ