[ofa-general] Re: Dapl 2 question/issue

Doug Ledford dledford at redhat.com
Tue Jan 29 14:47:43 PST 2008

On Tue, 2008-01-29 at 22:24 +0000, Tang, Changqing wrote:
> devel environments are just runtimes plus header files,

Actually, the runtime is in the base package.  The devel package is
headers plus a bare .so link (aka, libdat.so -> libdat.so.2).  It's the
bare .so links that overwrite each other.  The last thing you want is to
have an application that has

#include <dat/dat.h>

then link against -ldat and have that bare .so link point to the dapl-2
library because you will then be using the wrong header files with the
shared object.  Hence why I'm solving the issue the way I am in our
release.