[ofa-general] Re: Status of NFS-RDMA ?

Jeff Becker Jeffrey.C.Becker at nasa.gov
Wed Jan 30 09:32:09 PST 2008

Hi all.

James Lentini wrote:
> On Wed, 30 Jan 2008, Krishna Kumar2 wrote:
>

>> Hi James,
>>
>> Since you had mentioned in an earlier email that NFS-RDMA server
>> side will be present in OFED1.4,
>>

> Actually, that was Tziporet.
>

>> do you know if any port of the server code to OFED1.3 (when it comes
>> out) will happen? Is there any effort for that, any work ongoing,
>> any help required, etc?
>>

> Jeff Becker had looked into this. We would definitely appreciate the
> help.

I have set up a git tree for NFSoRDMA  and succesfully merged it with,
and built it on OFED 1.3-rcx. I'm currently doing the backports (SLES 10
SP1 first). All this is in preparation for OFED 1.4, as that is when
NFSoRDMA will be included in OFED.  I think I have this
patching/backporting stuff under control. However, my testing resources
are limited. Thus depending on your platform, I might be able to point
you at OFED 1.3 based bits for testing if/when they are ready. Thanks.

-jeff