[ofa-general] [RFC] IPoIB UD 4K MTU support

Shirley Ma mashirle at us.ibm.com
Wed Jan 30 06:03:57 PST 2008

On Thu, 2008-01-31 at 01:30 +0200, Or Gerlitz wrote:
> On 1/22/08, Shirley Ma <mashirle at us.ibm.com> wrote:
> > 4K MTU is still under testing.
>
> Can you share any findings from this testing? specifically, did it
> hurt small packet throughput?
> Are the switches used for this testing based on the Mellanox chip (AnafaII)?
>
> Or

Hello Or,

	The patch didn't change 2K MTU performance, it only needs one buff
allocation for 2K MTU for any kernel PAGE_SIZE. It only impacts 4K MTU
size memory allocation for kernel PAGE_SIZE less or equal to 4K. I
didn't see any performance worse for 2K. I can run any message sizes
with any streams for more test if you have any special request right
away. The switch we used for our test is Qlogic Silverstorm. I believe
it's Mellanox chip (AnafaII). I will double check and let you know the
results. The patch here is needed to be updated. I will submit it
tonight against RC3. You can verify what I have found in your test
environment. Any problems, I am here to support.

Thanks
Shirley