[ofa-general] OFED 1.2.5 SRP driver did not send DID_NO_CONNECT on target failure

Shi, Harris Harris.Shi at lsi.com
Thu Jan 31 13:53:42 PST 2008

Hi,

Currently when I was working a failover solution on Engenio storage
array with IB host connection, I noticed that there is no DID_NO_CONNECT
notification to upper level driver when the link to target is failed.
Our failover driver relied heavily on this notice from OFED 1.2 SRP
driver to send out command to do failover at the expiration of
link_down_timeout period. Due to this reason, the IO command eventually
times out and failover occurred much later than what we expected. I am
wondering if anyone is familiar with SRP driver and possibly have
something for me to work around the issue.

My system setting is as follows,

Mellanox HCA with Dell Server and Engenio storage array with IB host
card.

Many thanks.

Harris