[ofa-general] Getting Started with RDMA

Adrien Guillon aj.guillon at gmail.com
Sun Jul 6 11:02:21 PDT 2008

Hi everyone,

I'm just getting started with RDMA... in particular my environment consists
of Voltaire Infiniband equipment... although I would like to maintain
platform independence as much as possible.  I'm looking for a user space
library that supports atomic operations, and remote memory transfers.  I've
looked a bit into librdmacm, basically looking at rdma_cm.h for some general
information.  I haven't been able to find much documentation on getting
started with librdmacm, so links to docs would be greatly appreciated.
Perhaps librdmacm isn't even the right library for me.  My understanding is
that atomic operation support is optional with Infiniband devices, however
for my requirements it would be an absolute necessity that hardware supports
it.

My target platform is POSIX-compliant systems, in particular Linux.  My goal
is to create some C++ libraries for RDMA access, which can be used as a
building block for other cluster applications.

Thanks,

AJ