[ofa-general] ibdmchk: how to consider multiple VLs while checking for credit loops ?

Keshetti Mahesh keshetti.mahesh at gmail.com
Mon Jul 7 02:15:44 PDT 2008

> > Yes, I have verified in ibdmchk that it considers only one VL while
> > checking for
> > credit loops.
> >
> > > I also think ibdmchk needs some support to handle LASH. I don't think it
> > > is currently supported by it (although that is not documented AFAIK).
> > >

> > Is anyone currently working on this part (adding support to ibdmchk to
> > handle LASH)
> > in OFED community.

After the last message in the above thread (which is way back), I didn't see
anyone working on updating 'ibdmchk' to consider multiple VLs while checking
the network for credit loops.

'ibdmchk' requires "path<->VL"  (not SL2VL) association information in order to
consider multIple VLs. But this information as of now is not dumped by OpenSM.
A proper format should be defined to dump this information by OpenSM as this
information is not straightforward like switch forwarding tables.

Can anyone suggest me the best way to do it ?

-Mahesh