[ofa-general] Multicast traffic generates Bad P_Key trap in SM when working in partial member setup

Olga Shern (Voltaire) olga.shern at gmail.com
Tue Jul 8 08:27:02 PDT 2008

Hi,

I have tested the same scenario with OpenSM.
What I have expected to see is trap 259 because of switch enforcement
that is done by OpenSM. I don't see this trap, therefore I assume that
ANAFA doesn't generate this trap (this is not mandatory only
optional).
I only see trap 257 that is generated by the node (with partial pkey)
that sends the multicast traffic.
The conclusion is that if there is switch enforcement the issue is not
severe and we can live with it :)

Olga