[ofa-general] rping debugging

Jeff Becker Jeffrey.C.Becker at nasa.gov
Tue Jul 8 10:07:33 PDT 2008

Hi all. I have two hosts connected by an infiniband cable. One is an
Athlon 64 node with an mthca card, and the other is an Opteron server
with a ConnectX card. They are both running kernel.org 2.6.25.9
including the associated IB modules. I have the fabric up and simple ib
commands as well as IP over IB run correctly. In the interest of testing
NFS over RDMA,  I'm trying to verify my rdmacm setup using rping (Thanks
to Tom Tucker and James Lentini for pointing me in this direction). I
installed and built librdmacm-1.0.7 on both nodes.  Regardless of which
server/client assignment I make, I get:

$ rping -d -s
server
created cm_id 0x6072d0
rdma_bind_addr successful
rdma_listen
(waits here....)

$ rping -d -c 10.1.2.4
client
created cm_id 0x506130
cma_event type RDMA_CM_EVENT_ADDR_RESOLVED cma_id 0x506130 (parent)
cma_event type RDMA_CM_EVENT_ROUTE_RESOLVED cma_id 0x506130 (parent)
rdma_resolve_addr - rdma_resolve_route successful
created pd 0x506480
created channel 0x5064a0
created cq 0x5088f0
created qp 0x508a20
rping_setup_buffers called on cb 0x505010
allocated & registered buffers...
cq_thread started.
cq completion failed status 5
wait for CONNECTED state 10
connect error -1
rping_free_buffers called on cb 0x505010
cma_event type RDMA_CM_EVENT_REJECTED cma_id 0x506130 (parent)
cma event RDMA_CM_EVENT_REJECTED, error 8

I'm going to run client and server through gdb to pin this down further,
but I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions? Thanks.

-jeff