[ofa-general] debian build instructions?

John Marshall John.Marshall at ec.gc.ca
Thu Jul 10 05:07:39 PDT 2008

John Marshall wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have muddled my way through building the latest
> ofed-1.3.1 on debian etch. Is there a simple way of
> doing this that I am missing? I have searched for info
> and found some, but nothing that gives a step by
> step procedure.
There seem to be a lot of people on this list. Is there
no one working with debian that might be able to
give a pointer?

For example, how did you go about building from the
source? Is it best to start with the RPMs or the git
repository? Did you run alien on the RPMs, untar,
autogen.sh, ./configure, and massage a few things by
hand?

John