[ofa-general] Cisco 7008 Internal/External Port Mappings

Ted Wilcox (tewilcox) tewilcox at cisco.com
Fri Jul 11 09:35:51 PDT 2008

Attached is a text file (unix file format) with the port mappings.  As
you surmised, the leaf chips are in slots 9, 10, 13, 14, and the spines
are in 11, 12.  Our nomenclature is that the leaf cards are "Node" cards
(Node 1 = Slot 9, Node 2 = Slot 10, etc.) and the spine cards are "Core"
cards (Core 1 = slot 11, Core 2 = slot 12).  I apologize for the
somewhat goofy naming; it came from the early hardware design.

If you're running the Cisco SM, we have recently released a pretty
general-purpose network debugging/maintenance tool called FACT which may
help you out
(http://tools.cisco.com/support/downloads/go/Redirect.x?mdfid=279966112
-- look under "Server Fabric Software").  It requires a cisco.com login,
but not a support contract.

-Ted.

P.S. I don't generally keep up with ofa-general (my apologies), so
please cc' me on any replies, flames, etc.