[ofa-general] IB verbs client/server programming...

Peter W. Morreale pmorreale at novell.com
Mon Jul 14 09:51:20 PDT 2008

Hello all,

I'm starting a new client/server project using RDMA and I'm a little
stuck at the moment.

I've seen Roland Dreier's slides/client-server example as well as the
cmatose.c example in the OFED 1.3 tree.  Conceptually, I'm starting to
become familiar with channels and PD's and MR's ("Oh my!"), however one
thing is not clear to me at all.  How do I block waiting for the next
RDMA event in my daemon?

In other words, what interfaces do I have to look at to implement the
"blocking" portion equivalent of a recv(2)?

Seems like all the server examples block at rdma_listen(), then run to
completion exchanging data.

Also, is there any documentation out there on using ib verbs?  I looked
on the OpenFabrics web site (as well as Googled) and have found little
besides the man pages.

Thanks in advance for any pointers.

-PWM