[ofa-general] IB bonding documentation

Keshetti Mahesh keshetti.mahesh at gmail.com
Tue Jul 15 22:38:09 PDT 2008

'ib-bonding.txt' file in the "docs" folder of OFED-1.3 release mentions
ib-bonding as a HA solution for IPoIB interfaces. But it does not mention
anything about link aggregation. My question is whether ethernet channel
bonding is completely adopted to work with IPoIB interfaces or only parts
of it are adopted ?

If all the 'mode's (balance-rr, balance-xor etc.) are supported in
ib-bonding then
how they are supported (I've read in ethernet channel bonding
documentation that
balance-rr, balance-xor etc. modes operation requires 'switch' support) ?

-Mahesh