[ofa-general] reloading/applying configuration changes by opensm

Or Gerlitz ogerlitz at voltaire.com
Sun Jul 20 03:43:24 PDT 2008

For some reason... my thinking was that each time opensm does heavy sweep
it reads the cache file and if something was changed there from the previous
sweep, apply this change (eg LMC was 0 and is now 1), is it correct?

Practically, I see that it doesn't work this way, i.e I run opensm, then
sends it a SIGHUP which indeed seems to cause a heavy sweep as noted in
the man page, but the LMC change I made in the cache file doesn't apply by
the sm to the fabric.

Maybe this is new feature for which I need to use the master code ?

Or.