[ofa-general] dhclient will not accept offer

Dave Olson dave.olson at qlogic.com
Mon Jul 21 19:16:50 PDT 2008

On Mon, 21 Jul 2008, Roderick Flores wrote:
| I created the client identifier from the following information:
|
| 	20:<4 byte QP Number><8-byte subnet prefix><8 byte GUID>.
|
| This seems to be in line with the patch that we applied to the DHCP software
| to make it work with infiniband.

I've not been able to get dhcp to work with ipoib, but I've not tried
that patch.  Has anybody gotten it to work with recent OFED on any IB
HCAs?

| Lastly, an excerpt from /etc/modules.conf on ip1-test:
|
| 	alias ib0 ib_ipoib
|
| I tried to use ipath_ether but qlogic's website only has the RHEL4 release
| (despite having a RHEL5 label).

It's the same set of rpms for RHEL4 and RHEL5 (identical tarball).  The marketing setup
insists on a per-distro download page, but we don't do independent
builds and testing, just the one RHEL build (which also covers CentOS
and Scientific Linux).

Dave Olson
dave.olson at qlogic.com