[ofa-general] OFED 1.4 XRC implementation: XRC apps will need to recompile at 1.4 alpha release (or a bit sooner)

Jack Morgenstein jackm at dev.mellanox.co.il
Wed Jul 23 07:16:26 PDT 2008

Users of XRC under OFED 1.3 users will need to recompile when OFED 1.4 gets released,
due to an ABI alignment bug that Roland spotted (for x86 libraries on x86_64 machines).

I'll not be fixing the bug in OFED 1.3, to avoid confusion (no one has complained
of this bug as yet).  However, when some user tries 32-bit libraries on a 64 bit machine,
XRC may not work (due to the alignment bug).

I'll be adding the fix to OFED 1.4 (daily build) once the upstream kernel XRC implementation
stabilizes.  I'll send mail again to alert you when I do this.

- Jack