[ofa-general] Questions about IPOIB handle last WQE event

Roland Dreier rdreier at cisco.com
Wed Jul 23 16:17:59 PDT 2008

 > The reason is non-SRQ shares completion queue just as SRQ. Without post
 > a send work request, we don't know when the QP's last pending recieve
 > completes in the shared completion queue. We might be able to get it but
 > it would induce performance penalty.

The current code keeps track of how many receives have been posted to
the non-shared RQ, and waits until the last one has completed.

I don't see how posting a send request could help you tell when the last
receive has completed anyway.  The send queue is asynchronous to the
receive queue, and so you would have to wait for the last receive to
complete -- which means you must have some other way of telling when the
last receive completes.

 - R.