[ofa-general] Questions about IPOIB handle last WQE event

Roland Dreier rdreier at cisco.com
Fri Jul 25 17:36:12 PDT 2008

 > > The current code at least tries to do this: it decrements the recv_count
 > > on every receive completion with unsuccessful status, and moves an rx
 > > countext to the reap list when its last receive completes.  I don't see
 > > any obvious bug here; is it not working in your tests?

 > Right, it doesn't work.

Do you have any further information about what goes wrong?

 > Do the post send work request whenever receiving DREQ, which meant the
 > remote TX QP has already teared down, there is no new post recv
 > completions any more after DREQ.

After a DREQ is received, then the local QP is transitioned to the error
state.  However, we don't know when all the receives queued up have
completed (with flush error status).  Also, we may want to clean up a QP
when we didn't receive a DREQ (remote side crashed, or we just have an
idle connection).

 - R.