[ofa-general] Questions about IPOIB handle last WQE event

Roland Dreier rdreier at cisco.com
Mon Jul 28 11:33:27 PDT 2008

 > I would say so since I didn't see the QP got destroyed. You meant
 > susequents WQEs need to return flush error completion status throught
 > CQ? Current ehca code level doesn't have this support. It will be fixed
 > later.

That seems like the real issue.  If ehca does not generate flush error
completions for pending work requests when a QP is transitioned to the
error state, then that is a major problem that is going to break cleanup
for nearly everything.  Generating flush error completions on transition
to error is a fundamental part of the IB verbs.

So I would prefer not to work around it in IPoIB but rather fix this
basic problem in ehca.

 - R.