[ofa-general] Infinipath fix for OFED-1.3.1

Bill Broadley bill at cse.ucdavis.edu
Wed Jul 30 17:08:08 PDT 2008

Turns out the infinipath requires openmpi to be built with --with-psm-dir, so
here's the patch:
# diff install.pl install.pl-dist
3013d3012
<             $openmpi_comp_env .= " --with-psm-dir=/usr";

Also it's required that the qlogic supplied infinipath, infinipath-devel, and
infinipath-kernel are installed before the OFED rpms which provide openib and
openmpi.

Thanks to the OFED folks we now have a MPI environment that supports GigE,
Infinipath, GCC-4.3.1, and Pathscale compiler.  Although we were not able to
build OFED-4.3.1 with GCC-4.3.1, we were able to build openmpi with GCC-4.3.1.

Just figured we would let folks know in case anyone else wants to get OFED
working with Infinipath.