[ofa-general] unsing ibverbs 1.0 with rdmacm

Roland Dreier rdreier at cisco.com
Tue Jun 10 09:13:15 PDT 2008

 > I am in the process of implementing support for the rdmacm.
 > For backwards compatibility and code reuse I want to continue
 > to use the ibverbs 1.0 abi for the communication.

I suspect that this is more trouble than it's worth, because librdmacm
requires and uses the libibverbs 1.1 ABI.

I think the problem you run into is:

 >   pd = dl_ibv_alloc_pd(cm_id->verbs);

librdmacm is giving you an IBVERBS_1.1 context structure in
cm_id->verbs, but then you pass it into an IBVERBS_1.0 function.

Maybe you could come up with some hack that manually converts back and
forth between the two versions of various structures, but as I said
before, I think it would be much simpler to just link against and use
the 1.1 ABI if you want to use librdmacm.

 - R.