[ofa-general] opensm routing

Jeff Becker Jeffrey.C.Becker at nasa.gov
Tue Jun 10 15:08:42 PDT 2008

Hi all. I was looking into doing some subnet partitioning to separate
compute nodes from Lustre nodes, and I saw the following in
~sashak/management.git on the OFA server, in opensm/doc/OpenSM_PKey_Mgr.txt

OpenSM Partition Management
---------------------------

Roadmap:
Phase 1 - provide partition management at the EndPort (HCA, Router and Switch
          Port 0) level with no routing affects.
Phase 2 - routing engine should take partitions into account.
Phase 2 functionality:

The partition policy should be considered during the routing such that
links are associated with particular partition or a set of
partitions. Policy should be enhanced to provide hints for how to do
that (correlating to QoS too). The exact algorithm is TBD.

What is the status of Pkey-aware routing? Thanks.

-jeff