[ofa-general] unsing ibverbs 1.0 with rdmacm

Thomas Eggestad thomas.eggestad at gmail.com
Thu Jun 12 07:51:33 PDT 2008

Thank you Ronald for taking the time.  My comments are below

On 6/12/08, Roland Dreier <roland.list at gmail.com> wrote:
> > This raises a question to this scenario:
>  >  1) Commercial (binary) applications needs to support many
>  >      versions of OFED (ibverbs and rdmacm).
>  >  2)  ABI ibverbs 1.2 is released.
>  >
>  > Question:
>  >  What ibverbs ABI context will rdmacm ABI RDMACM_1.0 give
>  >  access to?
>

> Whatever ABI that librdmacm is linked against.
>
>  This is a bit of a mess, but if you build your app against the same
>  libibverbs that the librdmacm you link against, you should be fine.

I do not believe this solves the scenario from my point of view. I
was not clear about the fact that the app binary is not recompiled.
The customer may be running older or newer OFED stack where
the changes described in my original scenario may have happened.

Do this work? If so there should be possible to work around the
problem.

We do not want or have the power to tell the customer what version
of OFED that needs to be installed.  Many of the customers do not
run OFED at all.

Regards,
Thomas