[ofa-general] Missing tarballs from downloads area of ofa website

Ralph Campbell ralph.campbell at qlogic.com
Fri Jun 13 11:28:57 PDT 2008

On Thu, 2008-06-12 at 15:08 -0400, Doug Ledford wrote:

> I've been trying to submit various packages to the Fedora review process
> so the packages can be included in the next Fedora release.
> Unfortunately, the reviewers are very much sticklers over the issue of
> the existence of a valid upstream tarball release that can be downloaded
> and verified against the package.  This has prevented me from submitting
> several packages for review.  Amongst them:
>
> libipathverbs (there is a release up on the site, but I happen to know
> that the OFED-1.3 distro include a tarball libipathverbs tarball with
> the exact same version number but a totally different set of files, so
> until there is a definitive release tarball, I can't submit this one)

I updated the libipathverbs-1.1.tar.gz that is in
http://www.openfabrics.org/downloads/ipath/ to be the one from
the official OFED-1.3.1.tgz release. This is also the same
as in OFED-1.3.tgz.
Although many files were "totally different", these were all due to
a different version of automake to generate the configure script.
The actual source files for the library were the same.