[ofa-general] Re: [OpenSM] How to find active routing algorithm ?

Ira Weiny weiny2 at llnl.gov
Wed Jun 18 07:55:11 PDT 2008

I think the "easiest" method at this time is to use the console via an expect
script on the SM node.  Get the routing algo out of the console output (see
"status" command).  Then have that script "push" this information to all the
nodes to be cached.  Compute nodes then simply look at this file.

You could set up a cron job to do this periodically although once OpenSM is run
it should not change.  But this would separate this script from having to know
when OpenSM is restarted...

That said, I really don't know why user jobs need to know this information.
But right now the best way to get it is via the console.

Ira