[ofa-general] [RFC] Receive Core Afinnity (aka RSS) support

Eli Cohen eli at dev.mellanox.co.il
Thu Jun 19 08:38:19 PDT 2008

On Thu, Jun 19, 2008 at 05:51:18PM +0300, Or Gerlitz wrote:
> It seems that other drivers implement multi queuing in the send flow, where
> you come and suggest to implement it in the receive flow. What's the
> architectural conception behind this?
As I mentioned that in the RFC, this patch should distribute the work
on received packets amongst the available CPUs so you have more power
in the receive. If you want to read more you can google search on
receive side scaling.

> What problem your patches come to solve? and maybe you can comment why you
> think there's no other implementation?
That's not what I said. I said I don't know of any other
implementation except for mlx4_net but that's not in the upstream
kernel yet.