[ofa-general] vendor_id in struct ib_device_attr

Jeff Squyres jsquyres at cisco.com
Mon Jun 23 12:31:40 PDT 2008

On Jun 23, 2008, at 3:28 PM, Roland Dreier wrote:

>> OMPI uses these to set device-specific values at startup, but we have
>> not released this code yet (it will be in our upcoming v1.3 series).
>> Does MVAPICH* use them?  What about non-MPI ULPs / applications?
>
> Don't you already look at device IDs?  Or do you mean that the iwarp
> stuff isn't released?

I mean that the OMPI doesn't support iWARP until our next release
series (v1.3).  So yes, we've been looking at IB vendor/part ID's for
a long time.  But the issue is no big deal for iWARP devices because
we haven't released iWARP-capable OMPI yet.

> One question is whether we want to change (fix?) the ipath driver to
> use
> OUI.  Strict IB spec compliances says we should.

FWIW, OMPI checks these values for QL HCAs:

-----
[QLogic InfiniPath]
vendor_id = 0x1fc1
vendor_part_id = 13
use_eager_rdma = 1
mtu = 2048

[QLogic InfiniPath]
vendor_id = 0x1fc1,0x1077
vendor_part_id = 16,29216
use_eager_rdma = 1
mtu = 4096
-----

Translation: vendor_id values 0x1fc1 and 0x1077.

--
Jeff Squyres
Cisco Systems