[ofa-general] Re: msi-x seems to cause large performance variation for connectx / datagram mode

Or Gerlitz ogerlitz at voltaire.com
Wed Jun 25 08:00:08 PDT 2008

Sagi Rotem wrote:
> Do you get the same variance with the irqdaemon off ? How does the interrupts on both cases spread between the cores ?
Under MSI-X, when I disable the irq daemon the mlx4 interrupts on each
node go to one CPU on each node.

I guess there might be an issue with the CPU affinity of the process /
network stack kernel thread and the CPU affinity of the hard irq handler
used by ipoib.

What's your recommendation regarding the affinity of those three elements?

Or.