[ofa-general] Re: msi-x seems to cause large performance variation for connectx / datagram mode

Or Gerlitz ogerlitz at voltaire.com
Thu Jun 26 01:27:20 PDT 2008

Sagi Rotem wrote:
> Did you take a look at the cpu utilization while running ? Did u see higher cpu utilization while getting the 850MB/sec ? How many cpu's were actually working ?
The windows of time which the 850 MB/s performance, are kind of hard to
track so I can't give a confident answer, from some looking it seems
that yes, the CPU utilization gets higher when the bandwidth is high.
Also when running two netperf sessions and irq daemon off, I tend to get
constant 700 MB/s which is better then the constant 620 MB/s I see with
one session.
> I will try and reproduce your results.
Very much appreciated.

Or.