[ofa-general] libibumad umad_recv and umad_poll

Sean Hefty sean.hefty at intel.com
Mon Jun 30 18:31:17 PDT 2008

I have a couple questions regarding the libibumad interface, and I'm hoping
someone might know the answers to.

Do any apps call umad_recv()/umad_poll() from multiple threads?  I'm
specifically interested in opensm and the diagnostic utilities.

If so, can umad_recv() support a mix of blocking and non-blocking calls
concurrently?  Or are all calls from a single app always blocking or always
non-blocking?

Is the user expected to modify the fd to support non-blocking calls?

I'm more concerned with the current, actual usage of the interface, rather than
the theoretical operation.

Thanks,