[ofa-general] Re: [OpenSM] updn routing performance fix???

Al Chu chu11 at llnl.gov
Tue Mar 4 10:44:36 PST 2008

On Tue, 2008-03-04 at 17:53 +0000, Sasha Khapyorsky wrote:
> On 06:13 Mon 03 Mar     , Hal Rosenstock wrote:

> > > This makes sense. Actually OpenSM has such sort of dump right now, but
> > > it is printed to stdout.
> >
> > Yes, there are various dumps (to stdout or opensm.fdbs) which contain
> > routing information but do they contain balance info ?
>
> Yes, dump_ucast_path_distribution() prints balance info to stdout.

Although it outputs the number of paths going through switch ports, it
doesn't seem to output balance information.  You'd have to visually look
at all of the dump output to figure it out.

All my script does is condense the output to output only unbalanced info
and handle "corner cases" in the output (i.e. don't count switch ports
directly connected to channel adapters in the "balance" calculation).

This function provides a reasonable starting point.  A little bit of
editing and it should provide what we need for a console command.  The
console command would be way better/faster than my script.

Al