[ofa-general] OpenSM building error

Timothy A. Meier meier3 at llnl.gov
Tue Mar 4 12:03:47 PST 2008

Hi Hal,

The patch that created the new osm_console_io module didn't contain
any new code.  It was just existing code moved from osm_console.

Hal Rosenstock wrote:
> Hi Tim,
>
> On Tue, 2008-03-04 at 11:39 -0800, Timothy A. Meier wrote:
>> Hi Hal,
>>
>> I added that new module (containing existing code tho), so looked at
>> it to see if I messed up some conditional compile option.
>>
>> I tried a variety of configurations, and can't seem to reproduce the
>> build error.
>>
>> When you compile with remote console, libwrap is required (the tcp wrapper stuff).
>> We have the latest version (0.7.6), which is located in /usr/lib64 for our
>> environment.
>>
>> This is not a new requirement/dependency for opensm,
>
> Right; this has been the case for quite a while now.
>
>>  but it is for osm_console_io, since that module didn't exist before.
>
> What is new (aside from this module) is the need for hosts_ctl. I wonder
> if that is a libwrap version issue.

"hosts_ctl()" has been in use since at least opensm3.0.3 (I can't go back very far).
It was in the "connection_ok()" method, which I moved and renamed to "is_authorized()".

Tim

--
Timothy A. Meier
Computer Scientist