[ofa-general] [OpenSM]: renaming of opensm init script to opensmd

Al Chu chu11 at llnl.gov
Tue Mar 4 13:34:04 PST 2008

Hey Sasha,

One of the sys-admins was wondering why the script name was changed from
opensm to opensmd (which requires him to go change some internal scripts
he uses).  Our local Redhat guy told me in the past rhel/fedora
convention is the following (which is a comment stolen from rpmlint).

'incoherent-init-script-name',
'''The init script name should be the same as the package name in lower
case,
or one with 'd' appended if it invokes a process by that name.''',

Al

--
Albert Chu
chu11 at llnl.gov