[ofa-general] Re: OFED 1.3 OpenSM and QoS Annex Support

Yevgeny Kliteynik kliteyn at mellanox.co.il
Wed Mar 5 07:45:22 PST 2008

Sasha Khapyorsky wrote:
> Hi Hal,
>
> On 10:22 Tue 04 Mar     , Hal Rosenstock wrote:
>
>> As I recall, the QoS manager (at OFED 1.3) is experimental. If so, in
>> the release notes, QoS manager should be indicated as experimental in
>> the release notes.
>>

> Yes, it seems correct.
>

>> Additionally, there should be some statement of what
>> HCAs and firmware versions this works with (and any switch firmware
>> dependencies if any).
>>

> Would be nice to have.
>
> Yevgeny, could you provide such info?

I'm not aware of any switch FW dependency.
As for HCAs - I'll collect the relevant info and update
the list and the doc.

>> It also brings on new tools requirements for building (versions of yacc
>> and lex) which should also be indicated there (and perhaps checked
>> somehow in the build process).
>>
>> Can this get added/updated to the release notes ?
>>

> The only technical problem I see with this is that 1.3 was released
> already. We could update release notes in the master - better than
> nothing.

We can also update the release notes in the ofed_1_3 branch,
and then it would be included in OFED 1.3.1 that will be out
at some point.

>> Also, it would also be nice if there were a way to not include this in
>> the OpenSM build if not wanted (an --enable-qos-annex configure option
>> or the like). Is that a straightforward change ?
>>

> Seems fine for me. And I think it was discussed already, but somehow
> forgotten :( . We can keep this enabled by default.

I'll work to add a config option for this, something
like --without-qos-annex.
Will it go into ofed_1_3 ?

-- Yevgeny