[ofa-general] max inline data query ?

Dotan Barak dotanb at dev.mellanox.co.il
Mon Mar 10 23:47:37 PDT 2008

Hi.

If one wishes to use maximum inline data, he should open a QP with
maximum number of s/g entries in the QP->SQ
(ibv_qp_init_attr.cap.max_send_sge). The actual number of bytes which
can be send as inline will be returned in the
attribute ibv_qp_init_attr.cap.max_inline_data after ibv_create_qp will
be finished.

The inline size effects the size of memory which is being used (and
pinned) for the QP buffers/queues
(per WR in the QP->SQ).

I'm sorry, but i don't really know what is exactly the size which is
being consumed for a QP
(I remember that in the past, Roland mentioned the exact calculation in
one of the emails that he sent
to this mailing list).

thanks
Dotan