[ofa-general] IPoIB enhancements

Eli Cohen eli at dev.mellanox.co.il
Tue Mar 18 09:40:18 PDT 2008

Hi Roland,

I have two patches that do (1) use two CQs for IPoIB - one for the send
side and one for the receive side and (2) use unsignaled QP. Both
patches apply for UD mode. In addition they never arm the CQ used for
send packets - instead they do polling after sending a packet. the
patches are already in used in OFED 1.3 and they provide significant
improvement of message rate when sending small UDP packets. For example,
on may machine throughput increased from ~300 Mbps to ~500 Mbps for 128
bytes UDP packets. I have the patches ready for ofed and I can generate
them for your for-2.6.26 branch. Would you like me to send them for
review in the next couple of days or do you prefer me to send them a bit
later?