[ofa-general] Re: IB/core: Add creation flags to QPs

Or Gerlitz ogerlitz at voltaire.com
Wed Mar 26 23:49:18 PDT 2008

Jack Morgenstein wrote:
> Actually, we did not break the ABI for XRC (we had to do cartwheels to avoid
> this, but what the heck).
> You can avoid doing this in one of 2 ways:
> Either:  create a new QP type
> Or:      add new verbs to the core.
Jack - OK, got it, and thanks a lot! for the coaching.

Roland - in the case of the connectx block loopback feature, it seems
that the simplest way to go would for user space is to create a new QP
type IB_QPT_UD_BL[block-loopback] which is translated by the uverbs
layer to what ever scheme we decide on for the kernel (eg create_flags,
qp_types, bit fields, etc). As for IPoIB, it would create a UD/LSO/BL
QP, thoughts?

Or.